For many women, going to the manicure and pedicure is a time for self-care, for raising self-esteem. However, some care is needed to avoid contamination by mycoses and even hepatitis and HIV.
Yes, for a long time the pliers that the manicure used were one, for all customers. Although there are sterilization equipment (autoclaves), many salons practiced the good old “boiling in water” or “heating in the electric oven”, which is no guarantee of elimination of bacteria, viruses and fungi.
This is no reason to stop going to the manicure / pedicure and get nails battered or cause those homemade disasters trying to make the nail itself (someone said in chewed cuticles and enamel full of bubbles?).
In cosmetic and cosmetic stores, it is possible to assemble a personal kit with cuticle pliers, nail clippers, spatulas, retractors, etc. to take to the salon. Only you use.
Enjoy and check out also our stuff about plush nails .
The salons, however, have an obligation to take some precautions regarding the use of puncture-sharp materials, both for the health of professionals and clients:
- Use of gloves, face shield and goggles to prevent eye contact
- Sterilization of all metal instruments used (autoclave).
- The customer has the right to see the kit with sterilized pliers and trowel being opened before it (if it does not use personal kit)
- After use, these accessories should be housed in a box with a contaminated material label
- Use disposable wipes, both for nails and for heels
- Wipes? Or disposable or also sealed and opened in front of the customer
- Bowls and vats should be lined with disposable plastic and washed after each customer.
- The reason you need to take all these precautions is simple: hepatitis and HIV viruses are transmitted through the blood. Every time the manicure removes a “steak” from the cuticle, the blood stays on the tip of the pliers, even in microscopic amounts. Without sterilization, it contaminates another customer and so on.
- And as we all know, but prevention is better than cure! Did you like the tips? Check out our story on How to make your nails healthy!
Foot Care Tips | Foot Care Tips | Dialy Foot Care
Soft Paws for cats and dogs prevent them scratching the …
Brass Battery Disconnect Cutter Blade Switch Top Post …
Thicken Cushion Plantar Fasciitis Foot Support Heel Pain …
CHAMOMILE SPA PEDICURE
Plastic Fan Anti Static Strap Ground Earth Belt Band for …
5 pairs Collagen Crystal Eye Mask
Wood Hall Spa Hotel West Yorkshire | Book Online
Grass Shaped cable organizer winder cable holder headphone …
Galvanic Machine M-2029
9.5mm x28m Synthetic Winch Line Cable Rope 20500LBs ATV …
PAG 3D Anti Slip Waterproof Little Cat Pattern Bathroom …
Rear Window Wiper Arm & Blade For 2007-2013 Chevrolet …
2 Pin Cool FBI Style Headset Earpiece for Kenwood Walkie …
Ice Scraper Snow Shovel Garden Tools Glass Wiper …
U Shape Type Remover Puller Wiper Arm Windshield Wiper …
Estee Lauder DayWear Sheer Tint Release Advanced Multi …
Water Inflatable Cushion Seat Pad for Wheelchair Office …
3 Benefits of Going to the Men’s Spa for a Pedicure