The early aging of the skin happens when, in addition to the natural aging caused by age, there is an acceleration of the formation of sagging, wrinkles and stains due to lifestyle habits and environmental factors such as pollution, poor diet, smoking, sedentary lifestyle, stress, and, mainly, the exposure to the sun without protection, since the free radicals present in these situations cause damage to the health of the tissues.
Thus, to avoid premature aging and maintain the skin of the face and body more firm and moisturized for a longer time, it is recommended to focus on attitudes how to have a diet rich in vegetables, drinking a lot of liquids, always remove the makeup and do the cleaning and treatments of the skin, for example, since, in addition to increase the levels of antioxidants, which are nutrients that fight aging by neutralizing free radicals, leaving skin with a more youthful look and healthy.
Symptoms that indicate ageing of the skin
Aging is a natural process, however there are some signs and symptoms that indicate that the skin undergoes aging sooner than it should. The main ones are:
- Wrinkles and expression lines in the forehead, around the lips (chinese moustache), and eyes (crow’s feet): arising due to loss of collagen and elastin, causing the skin to let you have the firmness habitual and arising failures;
- Dark spots: these are caused due to excessive sun exposure without protection, since UV rays are harsh to the skin, or also due to hormonal changes in pregnant women or the elderly, which stimulate the pigmentation;
- Sagging in excess: premature aging makes the skin thinner and without firmness, due to lack of hydration and loss of your layer of fat, which makes it no shine and vitality.
- The presence of dark under-eye circles: the region around the eyes suffers greatly the effect of aging, therefore, under-eye circles intense or worsens can be a sign that the skin is not healthy.
In addition, the bleaching of the hair may also become worse due to the action of free radicals, stress and a lack of vitamins and minerals, in addition to genetic causes and hormonal.
How to fight aging early
To combat the action of free radicals on the skin, preventing premature aging, it is important to focus on attitudes such as:
1. Use the sunscreen daily
The use of sunscreen, preferably with SPF 30 or more, it is essential to protect the skin from the action of UV rays, avoiding not only the aging, but the formation of skin cancer. The ideal is to choose an ideal filter for each type of skin, whether oily or dry, to avoid other unwanted effects, such as the formation of acne.
Know how to choose the best sunscreen for your skin and how to use.
2. To make cleaning of the skin
The daily cleaning of the face with specific products, such as soaps and lotions, help to keep the skin soft and invigorated. Also it is very important to remove the makeup always after use, especially before bedtime, removers and washing with soap and water. This is very important to prevent the dryness and damage caused by the accumulation of the products on the skin.
3. Consume foods that are antioxidants
Nutritional care are fundamental to allow the skin to be young, working from the inside to the outside. Thus, antioxidant nutrients, such as vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium, zinc, isoflavones, and resveratrol, for example, found in legumes, vegetables and fruit, as carrot, beet, grape, tomato, apricot, papaya, and eggplant, for example, not only help decrease the aging of the skin, but also keep a body healthy.
4. Do skin treatments
Treatment techniques of the skin, guided by a dermatologist, are great ways to not only combat the signs of aging, but help to give a more youthful look to the appearance, because they are able to decrease the expression lines and eliminate the stains. Some of the main recommended treatments are Radiofrequency, Carboxitherapy, chemical Peeling, pulsed Light, Microagulhamento or treatments with acids, for example. Learn more about the techniques used to combat the sagging in the face.
If these treatments are not sufficient, an alternative is the treatment of facial filler with hyaluronic acid or botox, for example, or, in the latter case, resorting to plastic surgery, it is important to talk with your dermatologist about the alternatives available.
5. Having healthy habits
It is proven that habits such as smoking, consuming alcoholic beverages in excess, sedentary lifestyle, stress and lack of rest affect the appearance of the skin, being very important revertes these attitudes so that the skin tissues are well nourished, hydrated and healthy. Thus, it is recommended:
- Practice physical activities 3 to 5 times per week;
- Drink 1.5 to 2 liters of water per day;
- Do not smoke;
- Sleep well, avoiding lose nights;
- Avoid excessive stress.
In addition, it is recommended to keep the medical evaluations routine in the day, so as to control the illnesses that can worsen the appearance of the skin, disorders of hormonal, vitamin or circulatory diseases, for example.